These cinnamon rolls are fantastic, not only because they taste divine but because they are, as always, extremely quick and easy to make. This is due to the ingenious idea of using ready rolled puff pastry instead of making and rolling your own - obviously it's fine if you want to do this, but it can be pretty labour intensive and means that the whole process is a lot longer; not good for if you want a quick cinnamon fix.
The puff pastry, despite being ready made, comes out light and fluffy, the perfect base for carrying the flavours of cinnamon, brown sugar, a sticky caramel sauce and toasted pecans. Yum.
Easy-peasy cinnamon rolls:
1 cup butter
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1tbsp melted butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190degrees Celsius
2. Mix the butter and sugar and put in the bottom of a muffin tray, then sprinkle with the chopped pecans
3. Roll out the puff pastry and brush all over with the melted butter
4. Sprinkle on the sugar and cinnamon, leaving about an inch of pastry around the outsides
5. Roll up the pastry and trim off the ends, then cut into 6/8 pieces (depending on the size you want)
6. Place them spiral side up in the muffin tray, and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch
7. Let them cool for a few minutes, and then tip over onto a cooling rack, allowing the pecans and sauce to drizzle themselves over the top of the rolls
The smell in your kitchen will be wonderful, the taste of the rolls even better. Something to share with your friends (or, like me, eat all at once and then feel incredibly sick but even more incredibly satisfied)