There's nothing quite like a home made chicken burger - or a home made anything for that matter - when you know the chicken is going to be fresh and tender, and the breadcrumbs can be seasoned to your own personal taste, so that when the two come together it's practically an explosion of flavour in your mouth. However, whilst I love a good ol' chicken burger slathered with ketchup and mustard any day, this particular creation is for when you're in the mood for something slightly more fancy, and a more complex, yet insatiably delicious, flavour profile.
Gourmet chicken, cranberry & brie burger
1 chicken breast
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200degrees Celsius.
2. Cut off any nasty bits of the chicken breast and bash with a rolling pin until flattened and tender.
3. Dip in the beaten egg, and then in the breadcrumbs, which you should season with the salt and pepper and the mixed herbs.
4. Put the chicken breast in the oven for 8 minutes on each side, until cooked all the way through
5. Heat the ciabatta loaf a few minutes before the chicken needs to come out so that it is warm and crusty.
6. Spread mayonnaise on one side of the bread and fill with salad leaves, followed by the chicken burger. Top with sliced brie and lots of cranberry sauce, then the lid of the ciabatta.
I can't sing the praises of these flavours enough, and would seriously recommend you try this for yourself as soon as possible. A perfect example of taking something as simple as a chicken burger and elevating it to the next level in terms of taste, texture, concept and appearance. Yum!