A perfectly pretty summer treat.
For the cupcakes:
80g unsalted butter
280g caster sugar
240g plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
240g whole milk
2 large eggs
For the icing:
500g icing sugar
50ml whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 190degrees Celsius and line a muffin tin with cases/
2. Mix the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt to form a crumb-like consistency/
3. Mix the rosewater with the milk and whisk in the eggs, then add slowly to the mixture whilst mixing, until a smooth, creamy consistency is achieved.
4. Put the mixture into the cases (filling about half full), and bake in the oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until risen and golden.
5. Whilst the cupcakes are cooling, mix the butter and icing sugar together until incorporated.
6. Mix the rosewater and milk together, and then add to the butter and icing sugar, mixing until all incorporated and a smooth, creamy texture is formed.
7. Once completely cool, ice the cupcakes and decorate as desired.